Features of the ski area :
- 100 km with 36 slopes (10 green, 4 blue, 18 red and 4 black)
- 17 ski lifts
- 1 snowpark with a freestyle play area and begginers area
- 1170 m : Maximum gradient of the ski area
- 2 tobogganing areas
- 2 ski kindergartens
Calling all freestylers – there is a new snowpark in Les Orres!
With the help of Quentin Ladame, French slopestyle champion (an Olympic discipline of freestyle skiing) and former member of the French national team, the resort has dreamed up a space that will suit all tastes. The Prévieux slope has been converted into a fun area devoted to rails and boxes, together with two kick zones of different sizes to allow beginners to practise and improve. The snowpark has artificial snow cover to guarantee optimum conditions. Holidaymakers can even enjoy the show from the Prélongis chairlift!
LA TRACE – Head to the peaks!
Equipped with ski skins, we set off along the brand-new ski-touring track, up to the Pic Vert chairlift at the peak. A 700 m uphill climb awaits for this wild and preserved trail, suitable for beginners, taking ski-tourers into a very different, subdued environment. A getaway far from the crowded ski area, through the woods and across wide-open spaces, where only the soft sound of the skis on the snow and the furtive steps of a chamois break the silence.
Two ‘escape routes’ offer superb views over the Grand Clos high-altitude reservoir to see the mirror-effect on the water, and further in the distance, Serre-Ponçon lake. Experienced ski-tourers will enjoy the last, rather steep section, before arriving at an altitude of 2,230 m and the breath-taking view over the Parpaillon and Ecrins mountains.
Setting off from Les Orres 1650. Another route from Les Orres 1550 (100m extra uphill climb).
- Distance : 4.2 km (3.5 km depuis Les Orres 1550)
- Height difference : 600 m D+ (700 m D+ from Les Orres 1550)
- “La trace” is accessible: From the start of the season until the February school holidays, from 09:00 to 16:30 / From the February school holidays until the end of the season, from 09:00 to 17:00. However, the Ski Patrol Service may decide to close the trail at any time.
- Les Orres 1550 : park at the Champ-Lacas car park and then put on your skis at the start of the Charance snowshoe trail> Download GPX file
- Les Orres 1650 at the bottom of the slopes : take the access road towards the Orrian Express Alpine coaster. Continue for 15m and put on your skis when you reach La Trace information board.Dowload GPX file