LE DÉVOLUY’S SKI TERRAIN OFFERS 100KM OF SLOPES:
- 55 slopes (9 green, 27 blue, 14 red, 5 black)
- 24 ski lifts
- A 1,000-metre vertical drop (from 1,500m up to 2,500m)
- 2,000 hectares
- 2 kids’ clubs
- 37km of artificially made snow
- 1 terrain park
Wild off-piste to discover in the Dévoluy.
The slopes of the Dévoluy resorts offer easy and pleasant skiing, ideal for families and groups of friends.
However, some somewhat hidden itineraries really offer great skiing, such as the Combe Ratin: large combes without a lift on the horizon. Arrived on the plateau of Bure, you will have the feeling of being alone in the world in a very wild landscape where you can admire the immense parabolas of the observatory of the IRAM of the plateau of Bure.
An itinerary that must be done with a high mountain guide.
Le Dévoluy: the ski touring spot!
- Around a beautiful valley perched at high altitude, a succession of valleys are regularly aligned which seem made for mountain skiers.
- A former limestone plateau, the Dévoluy massif offers an atypical landscape, rich in contrasts between imposing cliffs, deep valleys and astonishing high plateaus…
- It is a small massif very rich in possibilities for ski touring from December to early April. Ideal for a day hike, whatever your level.
- Here you can find very easy with very beautiful summits for modest elevations or very steep and beautiful “bambées” if you feel like it, and finally unusual with “caving” hikes which have made the reputation of the massif as the heroic crossing or the Olympic chourum…
- Very popular on weekends on the classic routes, you can also find total tranquility there during the week or simply by leaving the most famous hikes.
And as we know that not everyone has the right equipment, find below the list of rental stores where you can equip yourself!
Practice snowkiting in Superdévoluy and La Joue du Loup, Hautes-Alpes ski resorts, in the heart of the Southern Alps
During the winter season, the snowkiting school offers beginner and advanced courses from December to April at the Col du Festre.